Friday, September 19, 2008

Sex and the City Sequel?

So I am Michael Patrick King's bitch. He wrote most of my fave SATC episodes. He was the brains behind the film. Now him and SJP want to make a sequel?

Candice Bushnell is writing her own series of prequels about Carrie in high school, obviously trying to appeal to the the Gossip Girl fiction crowd. Sadly, I'll buy the books to know an interpretation of Carrie's youth.

Except, I'm content. I know how Carrie lost her V-card. (In a rec room junior year after taking a couple hits. Yet she said about her high school sweetheart, aka David Duchovony, that they waited, because she was still innocent in her high school years).

However the prequels go, I don't care that much.

But why another sequel?

I loved the SATC movie! My favorite movie experience of the year, and probably a couple years.

I was always apprehensive because the finale ended perfectly, but the movie just rounded it out.

So, yes the producers may want more revenue, but creatively, where can Sex and the City go?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just watched the Sex and the City movie this weekend! I agree that the movie rounded out the ending of the series perfectly. We made it a girls night and had a blast. We laughed through the entire movie, ate too much, and loved the ending. I can't wait until another movie as good as this comes out!