Sunday, November 16, 2008

Things you learn from Daytime TV

While I have been sick with mono this past week, I was forced to pretty much do nothing but watch TV. Besides my soaps, I found myself at a loss for what to watch to keep me entertained. I also learned some interesting things from channel surfing:

There is this amazing invention called the Ped Egg. I found myself not only intrigued by this invention but wanting to try it.

Tyra Bank's show never fails to amaze me. On Monday's episode, she had people from the website Ashleymadison.com, where people in committed relationships or marriages go online to find affairs, their spouses none the wiser.

All My Children has a healthy lesbian relationship where the two characters share a daughter, are getting engaged, and are kissing and being lovey dovey. It is amazing the progression in the past few years since the first same sex kiss in 2004.

Jerry Springer's ex bodygaurd who would bust up the fights now has his own talk show, The Steve Wilkos Show. Maybe there is hope for Sarah Palin's talk show yet.

The West Wing really was one of the best shows that ever was on television. Even in its later seasons without show runner Aaron Sorkin, it was still better than 90% of whatever else is on now. Bravo showed the last season with the Presidential election with Santos, who seems very Obama like, it led me to draw some interesting comparisons.

Fox News anchors seem to be grasping at things to pre-emptively complain about Obama's future mistakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your daytime tv pain, maybe even more so because I'm not much of a soap person (although I'll admit to occasionally tuning in to General Hospital). I've seen that Steve show before, it seemed kind of stupid but I didn't watch the whole thing. Although I would tune in to a Sarah Palin talk show, haha. It can't be any worse than some of the weird reality TV shows we have now (I say this as I watch The Amazing Race...).